THEN, I got the call. Ella Grace had 100.8 temp, and I was scrambling! I didn't know what to think. Flu was the last thing, I was thinking ear infection, cold, something simple. BUT NO. We got home, and the fever just kept going up! It was 103 with Motrin! Needless to say, Dr. J hasn't seen anyone with this type of "whatever it is!" Flu swab tested negative, but she was showing all the signs: high fever, vomiting, headache...I just knew we were going to have it. Then he tested for strep, negative. I was so overwhelmed with the idea of NOT knowing what she had, and what to do or not do with her! So, I went on and treated it as if it were the flu or swine flu at that. After 2 sleepless, vomit-full nights, we are on the down slope...at least for now. It is Wednesday and she hasn't had a fever since noon. And she hasn't puked either! God is GREAT! I have been scared to death at what might have been, but I just prayed and knew he would take care of her. Now she is back to her sweet, happy, fiesty self..but not too fiesty..I don't want to do all of this again tomorrow ;o).
April races!
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment